Every business is different and so too are their needs. I’ll work with you to combine your knowledge of your business with my understanding of best practices for the web to tailor the right solution for you.
One thing I insist on is helping my clients to fully own their own domain name, and their own hosting. You should control these aspects of your business because they are important and too valuable to leave to a 3rd party, but additionally you will never be at the mercy of vendor lock-in.
I will earn your repeat business and referrals through quality and communication, never because you feel you have no other choice.
Depending on your needs, I’ll likely use some combination of these:
- Web development consulting
- Staying up to date on modern techniques and best practices is a hobby of mine. If you have an idea or question, I can save you time or point you in the right direction.
Have me join a process early and I can help you plan, organize, wireframe, & budget before we even get to the build. A little work up front can save more later.
- I’ve built plenty of WordPress sites over the years, and I can help you create a flexible and user friendly CMS and website for your needs.
- Squarespace, Wix, Weebly
- I always recommend the best tool for the job. If you need something simple and quick, I can help you configure and launch one of these site builders. Add if you're looking for something slightly more advanced than the tools allow for, I can help find the solution.
- E-commerce solutions
- Shopify, Squarespace Store, WooCommerce, Stripe, PayPal. I can help you install, configure and customize professional grade e-commerce software.
- ExpressionEngine, Laravel, Drupal, CakePHP, Jekyll, Hugo, Netlify, Django, RoR, Stripe, Angular, React, Vue etc
- I’ve dabbled in a lot of platforms over the years. I won’t claim to be an expert in them all. But I enjoy solving problems and I’m persistent. Let me know what you’re trying to do and I’ll figure out how to do it.
- If you’ve got a design that you want converted into a template, send it my way. I’ve spent years doing this and know the best practices.
- Speed can be easily overlooked, but it might be the reason your potential customers bounce off of your website. Let’s prevent that from happening. I can audit existing sites for recommendations (and apply them) or integrate modern techniques into brand new site builds.
- I don’t know if I could make something that isn’t responsive these days.
- I can audit an existing site, or recommend changes to help with accessibility on a new build.
- Email templates & signatures
- Mailchimp or Campaign monitor (or other) email templates available upon request. How does a private webpage that your employees can use to generate a personalized email signature sound? (Yeah... boring, but still very useful!)
- Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager
- We shall measure all of the things.
- Landing pages
- Want to run a campaign off of a landing page service? I've worked with Page Wiz, Unbounce and Mailchimp and can help you navigate how to set them up and work around any of their limitations.
- Let’s set up a call. I can walk you through how to manage your website, no matter your experience level.
If you want documentation written for your reference, that sounds good to me.
- Design & Copywriting
- Not my speciality, but I work with a network of reliable and experienced people for just about every need.